Sunday, September 30, 2018

Gibo to Musume no Blues 7-9

It took me a bit of time to continue watching this series because I was very afraid my biggest fears about the character that Kenshin aka Satou Takeru was playing would come true.


Happy to report that it did not happen. Kenshin continued to be the comedy relief of the story and to juxtapose the stepmother stepdaughter story with his own father son story. Loved the final episode and Gibo to Musume no Blues is the best mother daughter show I can remember in recent memory.


My only complaint about the show is that they did not even try to make Ayase Haruka look 10 years older after the time jump even tough everyone did. Does she have something in her contracts with make up companies that she must never be made to look older? Its a small thing but it would have made a huge difference in making her more 'motherly'.

Otherwise, I can't really fault Gibo to Musume no Blues. Very watchable, not must watch but you won't regret watching.

2 comments:

junny said...

Yay, happy to read that you liked it and that Sato's character turned out fine.

Akiramike said...

@junny : Its great when your greatest jdorama fears don't happen. :)