Friday, September 21, 2018

87% My 5 Year Survival Rate Episode 1-4

When I first saw that keiko1981 had uploaded this to nyaa, I was intrigued by the cast of Natsukawa Yui (KDO), Motoki Masahiro (Departures) and Furuta Arata (Yami no Bansosha). What fun to watch these three before their prime, I thought. Unfortunately, there are times when even talent cannot save a show.

87% is breast cancer dorama with Natsukawa Yui as a cancer insurance salesperson who gets cancer and Motoki Masahiro as this expressionless doctor who's is tortured by his failure to save his wife from the disease. They both meet and completely no sparks fly between those two characters but somehow the dorama is oblivious to that.

To confound the fact that both leads have no chemistry, neither characters are interesting and the only time 87% had my attention was the story in episode 4 where Natsukawa Yui got in trouble because she had not told a client that there is a 3 month waiting period before an insurance policy kicks in and the boss made her sign a statement.

The best way to describe 87% is dull. I wish the show were really bad so I could have at least laughed at it. Avoid.

No comments: