1) Sakamoto Yuji might be the greatest jdorama writer ever. He bloody gets character.How the hell did he managed to think of these four quirky characters put them together and make them so fun.
2) Episode 6 with the story of Maki's marriage is just so beautiful and sad and completely fits her character.
3) Episode 7 dinner table scene. Very, very few people can create those excruciating scenes like in Soredemo Ikite Yuku and Woman where you are holding your breath, feeling tension emanating from the screen except this time, its a melancholic climax where the only thing that happens is acceptance and it is beautiful.
4) Matsu Takako is almost a shoo in for the Hamsapsukebe best actress award. I would love to see someone beat her though.
5) Everyone ignoring Beppu's pun at the end of episode 7.
6) Matsu Takako imitating Mitsushima Hikari.
If you're not watching Quartet, something is wrong with you!