Monday, March 11, 2024

Ryomaden Episodes 12~15

Maybe I just want to post screencaps of Hirosue Ryoko because she is so damn good! Episode 12 finally gets to the meat of the problem when Ryoma finally goes to Choshu to Kusaka Genzui and ask the obvious question, why do they want to joi or expel the foreigners? The answer is that the Shogunate signed a deal that was very unfair for Japan.

So the joi people are blaming the Shogunate not thinking maybe having more advanced weaponry pointed at you has something with signing a one sided deal. It is easy to say that from a modern perspective because Japan in those days was so rigid. The whole country was divided into clans and everyone lived and died for their lord and the Shogunate guaranteed loyalty by getting their families to live in Kyoto. Everyone was rigid in their thinking.

For a second I thought this was Imada Mio but obviously it was not.

2 second cameo from Usuda Asami when she had her natural face. Guessing she might be an important supporting character going forward?

Have to mention Sato Takeru playing a Kenshin like assassin for Takechi Hanpeita right before he played the Kenshin role. Almost as if it were a deliberate audition for Kenshin.

My favourite line is when Ryoma says it is natural that everyone has different opinions but no one wants the foreigners to take over Japan. Takechi Hanpeitai and the joi people are just killing everyone who disagrees with them using the cause to gain power.

Hirosue Ryoko at the height of her powers is amazing and Ryomaden is finally moving to 5th gear! On a related note since I am watching Ryomaden for Rise of the Ronin, finally preordered the Cero Z version of Rise of the Ronin. The game is coming out in Japan with 2 versions, Cero D which is for for 17 year olds and above and Cero Z which is for 18+. The problem with Cero Z is that you can't buy from the PSN store with PSN money and you need a Japanese credit card which of course I don't have and I just but PSN money for the Jp store online.


I tried googling for information about differences and I am pretty sure there would be minimal differences but I can't stand censorship. Same with this game called Genei Ibunroku #FE which I liked on the WiiU but goddamn Nintendo had to censor the game on the Switch. It is so much cheaper to buy the Cero D game digitally compared to getting a hardcopy and shipping it but I can't enjoy a game when I know I am playing a censored version. 

No comments: