Sunday, March 03, 2024

Ichiban Sukina Hana 6~11

Finally finished Ichiban Sukina Hana and I did not enjoy the 2nd half of the series as much as the first half of this show about 4 people who who meet up at Tsubaki's house. One thing that bugged me was the lack of detail in regards to Tsubaki's home loan. 

Everyone in the show is super nice and considerate and they love hanging out at Tsubaki's house but no one asked how he was paying for this gigantic house with his single income when he bought it together with his ex-fiance. I have to give points to the writer for giving a reason why the previous owner of the house was able the afford it which was a divorce settlement because I was thinking how does a teacher afford such a big house? On a side note, Tabe Mikako's face looks like she is closed to being mummified.

The other thing about Ichiban Sukina Hana is that it is about four very nice people being friends and there is basically no climax to the series. There are feel good funny moments and probably the most exciting thing was the revelation of this person who had ties to everyone in the group and I liked who they cast as the person but ultimately the ending left me with a meh feeling. The show made me laugh out loud a few times and I really liked the grumpy version of the 5th member but it did not feel worth watching in the end.

Ichiban Sukina Hana is not Quartet and I enjoyed the first half but the lack of anything happening in the second half just makes me want to delete it despite having Tabe Mikako and Imada Mio. Meh from me. Go watch Quartet for a second time if you want a fun show about 4 people living together unless you really want a show about whether guys and girls can be just friends. 7 episodes have been subbed so far and I watched the rest with Jp subs from jptv.

3 comments:

jeff-tiger said...

Thanks for the review of the final episodes. It's a bit disappointing to hear that you were not impressed with them. I've been enjoying the drama and had been wondering where it was heading. I guess that the short answer is "nowhere". I still intend to finish when the final episodes are eventually translated.

I am intrigued by the character that is played by Tanaka Rena. Almost wholly off topic, but when I was in Japan last October, I watched a few minutes of a 1998 movie, "Give It All," on WOWOW which featured her, apparently in one of her first roles. When I returned home, I found it on AvistaZ and I enjoyed it a lot, particularly for its scenes around Shikoku.

jeff-tiger said...

I took a quick look at Tabe Mikako in "Piece of Cake", one of my favorites in which she appears. Unusually she doesn't have her typical nice girl persona. Her facial mobility is a lot more evident in that one!

Akiramike said...

@jeff-tiger: As long as you know it is heading nowhere it will lessen the blow. Tanaka Rena is unfortunately the climax of the show. I definitely saw Give It All or Ganbatte Ikimashoi but it looks like I never wrote about the movie.

Don't think I have seen Piece of Cake but Mineta Kazunobu of Ging Nan Boyz and Kiseki no Hito is in it. Hhmm..