Sunday, October 29, 2023

Vivant Episodes 4~10

 

SARS fansub have finished subbing Vivant and the first thing I want to say is that not only does Vivant not suck, it is actually a pretty decent jdorama about uncovering a terrorist organisation. I have seen too many spy/action jdoramas end up bad (Mozu/Taiyo wa Ugokanai) that I kept expecting Vivant to make a bad turn by trying to do too much but luckily it never did.

The 2nd thing I like is that Nogi actually killed people. Japanese shows usually have the main character not kill anyone and anyone deserving death gets offed by someone else seeking redemption so points for offing the spy in episode 4. I was also worried that the writer would say Nogi was innocent because his other personality did the killing. Stories about spies and espionage should have a much higher body count but since this is Japan, I am happy to accept the main character killing 4 people.

I am just happy it did not turn into Mozu. I wish Abe Hiroshi had more to do besides stand around and go exposition but I would rank it watchable. Well done to TBS for spending a lot of money and making Vivant a decent show after DCU's weak and unrealistic terrorist storyline. You can get the subs from drama-otaku.

No comments: