Sunday, October 01, 2023

Keibuho Daimajin Episodes Episodes 4~8

I like it when Miike Takashi doesn't go full Miike. The only time he really goes back to his violent slapstick ways is the final episode. Keibuho Daimajin is a story about our main characters uncovering this mysterious organisation called 44 and it does a sort of ok job with it. It doesn't suck but there is nothing particularly good. The action and acting are so so.

What is evident at the end of the series is that this is all a set up for season 2/movie or whatever they have planned. It was not as bad as the no ending of Sanctuary but I was indifferent. 

Actually that is a lie because I was excited to see Otsuka Akio as the last boss. If you don't know who this person is he is Solid Snake, Batou and Adachi from RGG 7&8.I was very, very surprised at such a godlike seiyuu playing an acting role.

Storylinewise, I don't care anymore because it feels like Keibuho Daimajin doesn't do anything really well and way too many hanging plot points for part 2. I really want to like it because of the cast and Narumi Riko feels wasted but the hunt for the traitor just did not have the tension and suspense required.

I don't dislike Keibuho Daimajin and I am glad because I dislike many Miike movies but I don't particularly care for it either. The very definition of Meh. I will be skipping the follow up whatever it is unless there is a trailer showing action scenes for Tsuchiya Tao.

No comments: