Thursday, August 17, 2023

Daifugou Doushin season 3 Episodes 1+2

I have finally decided to drop Daifugou Doushin after starting season 3. Normally I will watch any jidaigeki regardless but Daifugou Doushin has two things that annoy me. First of all is of course the main character being filthy rich, not experiencing any hardship and his friends help him win the fight when he faints.

The second reason is that the bloody main character Unokichi basically stays away from love interest played by Shinkawa Yua despite the ending of last season so they have no chemistry and no reason for me to care. They've introduced Wakamura Mayumi as the aunt in the devil mother in law training the future daughter in law role but it is not funny and  I don't care.

I suppose that is why the main characters in Jidaigeki are usually some poor samurai living with the locals, to make the main character empathic. If you want to make a main character able to solve any problems with his wallet, you have to make him super smart or super entertaining.  I know characters have to be flawed so they can grow but I am past my limits after 2 seasons of watching Unokichi doing nothing and everyone doing things for him. Avoid for me. 

No comments: