Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Raise de wa Chantou Shimasu Season 3 Episodes 1~9

Raise de wa Chantou Shimasu or I will do better in my next life was the surprise feel good sex comedy of 2020. It was refreshing to have a sex comedy that was not about the main character losing his virginity but about the sex lives of 5 colleagues in a production company. However season 2 was a retread of season 1 and really lost me. It was then I realised that this was originally a 4-koma manga so its more jokes than character development.

Season 3 is here and finally the story bloody moves forward after season 2 stalled everything and it felt like all the characters were stuck in limbo, never to improve as human beings. Uchida Rio and Matsuda finally getting somewhere! The team leader Hiyama finally gets a plastic surgery assistant and we get various new characters and development! Season 3 feels like what season 2 should have been. Huzzah! 

Unfortunately either the magic is gone or I no longer care about the characters because of season 2. Maybe the cynical jdorama watcher in me is thinking everything will move to a new status quo and will just stay the same just like season 2. However that would happen in season 4 and so far season 3 has been good in terms of pacing and actual storyline development.

Season 3 is watchable, its not as enjoyable as season 1 was. I think if I can remove my memory of season 2 and just go straight to 3, I would have enjoyed it season 3 a lot more. Give it a try if you liked season 1. It is definitely better and story moves forward but can't guarantee you will like it. Thanks to Hpriest for subbing!

2 comments:

Rick said...

My thoughts about the first series:
"The FL despite getting up to various kinky things on a regular basis with five separate sex partners, is sad and lonely, like all the characters in this drama, who remain unfulfilled sexually and romantically. Incongruously, or perhaps it's congruous in Japanese culture, her manner is virginal and girlish, especially when it comes to any chance of romance with her work colleague. Despite the blurb suggesting she enjoys this active sexual life, in fact it's clear that for her it's only really in pursuit of a loving husband."
And therefore I couldn't see it ever getting anywhere more enjoyable, and so I never bothered with S2 and S3.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Rick