Saturday, March 25, 2023

Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii Episodes 1+2

Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii is what happens when you combine Rikokatsu and Mr & Mrs Smith with your Koga and Iga ninjas. Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii is a romantic comedy about Nanao and Suzuki Nobuyuki who are married but do not do not know that they belong to rival ninja clans. 

Well it tries to be a romantic comedy but nothing is funny. I don't think I laughed even once.I was groaning at the Nanao's sister who is a ninja youtuber substory. The skinny johnny who is a ninja maniac guy is so cringy he brings nothing to the show. Having two annoying character is a deathknell for a jdoramas because that means most of the time there are two characters I want to bash when I see them on screen.

Chemistry between the two main leads is flat and the only good things are Tomosaka Rie as Nano's oldest sister and Furuta Arata as the dad. The dorama slowly shows scenes of how Nanao and the johnny husband got together and they are now on the verge of divorce but it didn't make me care.

The saddest thing about Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii is that the manga panels at the credits are more interesting than the two episodes ever were. There's something interesting and melancholy about ninjas living in the modern day but the show does not convey this compared to the ending credits.

I actually kept thinking about how much better Rikokatsu is compared to Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii, not that it was that well written but the actors were a lot better and they really tried to make it work.


Action scenes absolutely sucked. Why do they keep casting Nanao in action doramas? She should be a supporting actress at most. Could Ninja ni Kekkon wa Muzukashii be better if the actors were better? Possibly but end of the day there is nothing redeemable about it. You are better off watching Rikokatsu. Do not watch unless you are a johnny diehard. 

6 comments:

Faiz Ikari said...

Hi Akiramike, I'm not sure if I already ask you this, but do you already watch the 2017's Love Exposure The TV Show version? I think it's add 40 minutes more material. I saw the blu-ray rip of the series, and if you already watch it, do you has any opinion towards the series version?

Akiramike said...

@Faiz: Yes, I believe you have asked about Love Exposure before. I have the TV show but have not sat down to watch it yet. The movie was already split into 3 or 4 parts wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

But there are no Johnny in this drama.

Faiz Ikari said...

@Akiramike: Oh, it's 10 episodes, I thought it's fewer. I'm not sure with the pacing of the series with them making every episode 30 minutes, it's felt more satisfying to watch it normally as 1 movie, but I'm curious what and how much stuff is added.

Anonymous 5:28 pm: The main actor of that drama is from EXILE, and AFAIK, they're worse of an actor is than Johnny's is. 😂

Anonymous said...

@Faiz Ikari: He is from Gekidan Exile (an actor’s branch from the company that managed Exile). I think he is just slightly below average in general (definitely better than a lot of Exile idol-turn actors). The ninja maniac guy is terrible but he is not a Jonnhy or an Exile guy, probably a model from a big company. A lot of actors are either an idol or a model. In some special cases, they are stage actors or musical actors.

Akiramike said...

@Anonymous: You are correct the Ninja maniac is not a Johnny! I was so sure because he was so bad no one in their right mind would have cast him.

@Faiz: I did not realise Exile and Johnnys were different, lol! Not that I care anyway.