Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Nanba MG5 jdorama review

Nanba MG5 is a high school yankee dorama that is similar to a reverse superman. Nanba was born in a yankee family and is basically invincible in battle but wants to be an ordinary student and do art.

His family thinks that Nanba is going to a bad yankee school but every morning he leaves home in his topukku aka super hero costume and changes into regular school uniform and black hair.

My main problem with Nanba is that the main girl is annoying and I had no desire to see her on screen.

Best girl is Nanba's sister.

Best girl not his sister is completely useless.

Nanba's two best friends are pure shonen supporting characters with no other reason for existing besides to support the main character.

While there are things that bug me and I barely finished it, there are some funny moments and I really like the energy and the manga scribbles at the end credits.

Meh from me. Some might like it as its a high school fighting comedy about finding yourself but ultimately I didn't find it to be that funny and my mind kept thinking about Angel Densetsu, one of my favourite high school comedy fighting mangas.

No comments: