Friday, July 22, 2022

5 reasons to watch Cinekon e Ikou! Episodes 1~3

1. Cinekon e Ikou! is a workplace dorama actually set in an actual cinema. There's something special about location shooting instead of a studio. I could tell the camera was different and felt more like a movie which I like. It also made me wonder were they only shooting at night after closing and which inaka cinema did they shoot this at. I miss Japan inaka....

2. It is a good workplace dorama about working in a cinema with all sorts of fun details. If you are like me and you are sick of how 99% of jobs in jdoramaland are marketing/fashion magazines/photography with no actual details about the intricacies of the job, then Cinekon e Ikou is for you. 

This show is a guide on the challenges of working at a cinema from managing concession stands to looking out for people trying to sneak food in to dealing with all sorts of complaints. I just love learning about the challenges that other jobs have and how people deal with them. 

3. Its stars Watanabe Dai and Kitano Kie. I feel like I have not seen Kitano Kie forever. Was the last thing I saw her in School!? There was a time it felt like she was everywhere.

4. Its pretty funny and the characters are likable and everyone has their idiosyncrasies. I am going to have fun knowing the characters. You have the full time staff who this for a living and the part time students who are doing the job just to get by.

5. Cinekon e Ikou has this nostalgic feeling to it. I think most movies and shows about cinema do. There's something about the magic of cinema and movies. The best thing about cinemas in Japan is that you can grab small promotional posters for upcoming movies. They are not big and the size of a manga but its something that we don't have in Australia.

SUMMARY

Watch it. Not must watch but very watchable and fun. Big thanks to GEO9875 for subbing.

1 comment:

GEO9875 said...

Hello there, I'm the fansubber of this drama, GEO9875
Thanks for this write up, I'm really enjoying the drama and subbing it. ^_^