Thursday, July 28, 2022

Kanakana Episodes 1~6 jdorama review

Kanakana is about a little girl Kana who can read the thoughts of other and a former yankee Masa who takes her in.

The good thing about Masa is that he is not too smart or rather straightforward that Kana feels safe with him unlike her uncle who wants to use her to win at gambling.

I am pretty sure if the evil uncle had split the winnings with Kana and brought her presents, she would have been happy to continue helping him with her powers.

Kanakana is a feel good dorama series with each episode clocking in at 15 minutes. Its easy and breezy to watch but sadly  I just don't feel anything from it.

The only feeling I get from Kanakana is the feeling of watching the Abe Hiroshi masterpiece Shiroi Haru about a little girl and a yakuza. I actually wrote 4 posts about Shiroi Haru and if I wrote more than 2 posts about a show, that means it is very very good.

Maybe its the runtime of Kanakana or the lack of chemistry but I don't feel invested in the characters and its not funny enough to keep my interest. If are after a super light and breezy show to watch Kanakana might be for you but I decided to drop it because I have way too many shows to watch. Very meh from me.

No comments: