Saturday, October 23, 2021

Solomon no Gishou Episodes 1+2

In 2015 I watched the 2-parter Solomon's Perjury and didn't really like it. Apparently there is something about the plot I didn't like (can't remember the movies at all) and I wrote that it would have worked better as a 4 part WOWOW dorama.

6 years later and here we are with a WOWOW dorama version of Solomon no Gishou starring Kamishiraishi Moka.

The story is about a boy who the police deemed at committed suicide but an anonymous letter claims that he was actually killed and the show is about Kamishiraishi Moka trying to find out what actually happened while dealing with various parties who are less interest in the truth than their own interests.

Very good WOWOW production as usual, looks very movie-like. I am glad I remember nothing from the movies. 

I also want to say, I can't remember the last time I say a teenager jdorama with featuring someone with pimples. Teenagers are supposed to be awkward and pimply!

I am in all the way and I hope that WOWOW will fix my problems with the movies. Thanks to aoinousagi for subbing. Watchable if you want a dark story about a school incident with a lot of not nice people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank You - I just LOVE Moke (nd Mone)!

Rick said...

And of course there's the Korean 12-part drama in 2016, a remake of the original japanese movie, and it's rather good.

Akiramike said...

@Rick: If the Koreans can do a good remake of the original, then there is hope for the WOWOW series!