Sunday, October 31, 2021

Omameda Towako to San-nin no Moto Otto Episodes 1~7

I was excited about Omameda Towako to San-nin no Moto Otto. After all, it is written by Sakamoto Yuji who wrote Soredemo Ikite Yuku, Quartet, Last Christmas etc. Sakamoto Yuji is a national treasure.

Omameda Towako and her 3 former husbands is a comedy about Matsu Takako the president of a housing company and her 3 exes who somehow can't leave her alone. 

The first is the father of her child who doesn't act like a father, the second is a cameraman and the third is a lawyer who still works with Towako.  

I wanted to like this show and I tried for 7 episodes but I bloody dislike the 3 husbands. I find them annoying and don't find them funny at all. I don't see why Towako married any of them and I don't see why she tolerates them at all.

The second thing that bugs me about Omameda Towako is Matsu Takako's cheeks. I know 99.9% of faces in jdoramas are plastic but Matsu Takako's cheeks are approaching Nagoshi Toshihiro's (former Sega executive) level of puffiness.

I didn't really notice it in Quartet but I every time I see Matsu Takako I just look at the cheeks. I don't understand where the beauty is on plastic faces. Its just unrealistic and distracting.

I might try to finish it since there are 3 episodes left but I gave it a shot and it was just meh for me. I know there is more to Sakamoto Yuji's dialogue but my dislike for the characters is blocking me from appreciating them.

Omameda Towako to San-nin no Moto Otto is still worth giving it a shot but meh from me.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Sorry to hear you didn't like this one... I enjoyed it a lot even though it's not up to the standards of Sakamoto's best work. Watching to the end won't change your mind as the story kind of peters out disappointingly.

junny said...

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't take to the show. I like Matsu Takako and was looking forward to seeing her reunite with Matsuda Ryuhei after Quartet. But after episode 1 I didn't feel the urge to continue. I didn't like the ex-husbands and I didn't like Towako herself much either. I took a peek at the subsequent episodes but they didn't engage me either, so I ended up dropping it.