Monday, October 18, 2021

Raise de wa Chanto Shimasu 2

Raise was one of my favourite shows of 2020 because it was a breath of fresh air in the sex comedy genre.

Uchida Rio seems to be on a roll with Bazuru Kazoku and I was eagerly anticipating season 2.

Season 2 starts of Uchira Rio reintroducing her sefures and going to a matchmaking event while yarichin was having some girlfriend problems.

 

Muscle dude has a new neighbour and the boss is in so deep he has no concept of reality.

I started to get a bit tired of the show in the middle because it doesn't seem like it was going anywhere.

Season 2 felt like a retread of season 1. Raise was more a 4-koma slice of life dorama than a character development story.

I guess I can't critisize Raise 2 for being what it is. After all the title means I will be better in my next life so that means the characters never learn.

My favourite thing about season 2 is Kobayashi Ryouko!

Raise 2 feels like the first half of season and the characters only took half a step forward, at least 3 of them. Watchable but feels tired. Stuff better happen in season 3! I don't think English subs are available but I have retimed the Japanese subs at d-addicts.

1 comment:

suppaf said...

I enjoyed Season 1 because it was funny, lighthearted and its length did not overstay.
Probably will skip season 2 then, lots of backlog to watch :D