Friday, March 05, 2021

Tengoku to Jigoku ~Saiko no Futari~ Episodes 1+2

By the jdorama gods, we actually have a show with a female detective over 25! It is amazing!

WHAT IS IT?

Tengoku to Jigoku is a body swap jdorama featuring a detective played by Ayase Haruka and a serial killer played by Takahashi Issei. The twist is that the detective in the killer's body has to stop him er herself from getting caught and forever ending up in prison so its a story of both helping each other to cover a crime and at the same time plotting their each other's downfall.

WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT?

There's nothing particularly good about Tengoku to Jigoku except I am happy to see Kitamura Kazuki and Nakamura Yuri who are my favourites. The tone of the show is slightly comedic but not really funny despite the heavy subject matter of a serial killer.

WHAT'S BAD ABOUT IT?

Nothing really except I don't care about either character after two episodes. Might give it another episode before giving up.


 WHERE CAN I GET IT?

You can get the raws from dramahd.me and the softsubs from softsub.net.

SUMMARY

Very meh first two episodes. The subtitle Saiko no Futari is actually 'the two psychos' so hopefully the series might get crazy after episode 3. For fans of Ayase Haruka and Takahashi Issei but otherwise nothing to see here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you not watching Kudo Kankuro's latest drama, Ore no Ie no Hanashi? It's a quirky drama that combines pro-wrestling with Noh. There are some serious elements like caregiving and Learning Disability but this drama makes them fun and less heavy to watch.

Akiramike said...

@Anonymous: Yes, I am watching Ore no Ie no Hanashi!

dgundam said...

Running out of HD space so didnt download this show. but it seems i should give it a look. i actually like both of them.

Watching ore no ie no hanashi as well. i like nagase but sometimes i cringe at his overacting lol.

how are you mike? hows life doing?
been busy with my baby so havent really gotten time to watch stuff. my time needs to be very lasered on what good dramas to watch so your blog is even more indispensible.

Akiramike said...

@dgundam: I have the same reaction to Nagase as well. Sometimes its cringey but he can carry a show.
I'm busy catching up on my jdoramas but I can't limit myself to good stuff because I need not so good ones so that I don't need to pay attention!