Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Hamsapsukebe Jdorama Awards 2019

Finally finished Ryu ga Gotoku 7 after 95 hours. Time to get my life back to normal aka watching jdoramas. But first, let's look back at what has been a very good year because we have had a lot of great quality shows.

WORST TREND OF THE YEAR 

REMAKING KOREAN SHOWS

For some reason someone keeps choosing to remake Korean dramas that are super-melodramatic with too many coincidences to take serious. On top of that, the dialogue usually sounds like its been google translated.

FAVOURITE GUILTY PLEASURE OF 2019


KABUKICHO BENGONIN RINKA

Its a draw between this and Tokusatsu Gagaga and..... I just realised I did not finish watching Tokusatsu Gagaga which I will rectify immediately.

BEST ACTOR


ABE HIROSHI - MADA KEKKON DEKINAI OTOKO

Was there any doubt? Well, if Harassment Game came out in 2019 we Abe might have a fight but his brand of physical comedy is too funny.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS


NOGUCHI NORIKA - KORE HA KEIHI DE OCHIMASEN!

I can't ever remember an annoying and equally entertaining character joining a jdorama series halfway and making me wonder how the show survived without her in the first place. Strong consideration for Shiraishi Sei in Dakara Watashi wa Oshimashita.



BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR


KEN-CHAN - KDO

I can't remember any supporting actors that impressed me in 2019 so I'm giving it to Ken-chan who can express so much with his eyes.

BEST ACTRESS


SAKURAI YUKI - DAKARA WATASHI WA OSHIMASHITA

Hardest one to give. So many great performances from female leads this year from Tabe Mikako to Uchida Rio. There can only be one and it feels like Sakurai Yuki gave everything to her character.

BEST JDORAMAS OF 2019

5. MADA KEKKON DEKINAI OTOKO

4. SAKA NO TOCHUU NO IE


3. KORE HA KEIHI DE OCHIMASEN!

2. MUKAI NO BAZURU KAZOKU

1. DAKARA WATASHI WA OSHIMASHITA

13 comments:

dgundam said...

still waiting for the last 2 episodes of kdo to be subbed.

hmm i have an aversion to tabe mikako but i guess ill look for this show.

the only other show i didnt get to get was Saka no Tochu no Ie. is it subbed mike?

how was ryu ga gotoku 7? was the story good? i hope the rpg gameplay isnt too bad.

been so busy with baby, no time with dramas or games.

Man_Chair said...

Mr. Sukebe have you ever considered doing an equivalent of this for films?

Faiz Ikari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonna~ said...

I also have an aversion to Tabe Mikako, but I think I'll give the drama a try too.

Watched the live action version of Yuru Camp today, which I found very blah compared to the anime.

Akiramike said...

@dgundam: Yes, Saka no Tochu no Ie has been subbed by HPriest here:
https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164860

@Main_Chair: I don't watch enough Jmovies to justify doing it for films.

@dgundam and Sonna~ what's your aversion to Tabe Mikako about?

Faiz Ikari said...

TV-Nihon already subs Tokusatsu Gagaga in Blu-ray quality.

http://tracker.tvnihon.com/index.php?category=133

dgundam said...

hmm i guess its becuz of all the roles she played in her early career, from a decade ago and such. probably not her fault as an actress but the story. i still remember yasuko to kenji meh. and she looks off a little back then. then she took on roles of characters where she looks so young. i guess i should give her the benefit of doubt just like i have blinders for fukakyon lol.

stay safe and healthy!

Sonna~ said...

Same as dgundam said, something to do with earlier roles. Couldn't take her in Yamada Taro (which was a weird drama anyway). Definitely not her fault.

I think I had the same issue with Kitagawa Keiko for a while and got over that after seeing her in a better role.

Jung said...

omg there's KDO season 2?! I've been so out of touch with dorama...

Stay safe Mike. Corona is no joke.

4545 said...

Thanks for this Mike, as well as your reviews for the dramas listed here. Somehow I missed Saka no Tochu and Dakara Watashi so I need to catch up on those. When I saw KDO2 at no.5, I guess that many of us are on the same page for that sequel lol. And I know where folks are coming from mentioning Tabe Mikako like that but she did a good job in Keihi Ochimasen.

Akiramike said...

@Jung: You missed out on so many good shows last year.

@4545: I don't think anyone can hate on KDO2. You can pick at it but its still fun. Agreed on Tabe Mikako.

morsh88 said...

Where's Ie Uru Onna Season 2? I love that show

Akiramike said...

@morsh88: I didn't even try season 1. What's so good about the series?