Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Hakuoki Episodes 7-11


I am ashamed to admit it was not until episode 10 when I finally put 2 and 2 together and realised that Hakuoki is based on a certain famous samurai story, except it is from the other side.

No idea how I missed all the obvious clues staring me in the face.

However, knowing how the story has to end kind of took the wind from the sails for Hakuoki.

That's why I was probably so blind to the obvious; I was expecting the story to go a totally different way.

I enjoyed Hakuoki but not as much as Yoshiwara Uradoshin which I could rewatch every year.

Apologies for the slow updates recently. There's a little game called Ryu ga Gotoku 7 aka Yakuza: Like a Dragon that is taking up all my free time.

Hopefully I can finish it in a week and then back to jdoramas and USF4.

Watchable jidaigeki and a great change of pace from your usual jdoramas.

No comments: