Sunday, November 24, 2019

Jmovie review: My Dad is a Heel Wrestler / Papa wa Warumono Champion

Been waiting for My Dad is a Heel Wrestler for a long time because I like wrestling and I only follow NJPW.

My Dad is a Heel Wrestler is a kid's movie about a kid who finds out his dad wrestles as a heel (bad guy) and cannot accept that fact and is ashamed of it.

Anyone who knows wrestling knows that kids are smartened up from day one but My Dad is a Heel Wrestler plays like its real to the kids with a bit of wink wink to the adult audience.

This movie is basically this annoying kid going woe is me when any kid with a brain would put 2+2 together and realise how awesome to have a heel dad.

My criticism of My Dad is a Heel Wrestler is that there is not enough stuff for the adults and wrestling fans.

I liked the underdog story of the former star who had to wrestle heel because of injuries trying to turn face for one more chance at glory but the kid got in the way too much for me.

Also, they really did not let the wrestlers do any acting which was sad because the kid and Naka Riisa did all the heavy lifting.

Decent kids movie but adults and wrestling fans will not be satisfied. Meh. My Dad is a Heel Wrestler is available from AvistaZ with English subs.

No comments: