Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Japan 2019 trip Day 8: Fukushima

Fukushima has been on my go to list since the big earthquake in 2011.

I remember watching videos about Fukushima and thinking I should go visit.

And now that I've been there, I've learnt that there is nothing to see in Fukushima.

The tourist spots are kind of far away from Fukushima so if you did a day trip to Fukushima you need to go early and can only go to one spot.

We actually bought bus tickets to go some cliffs with buddhist statues or something but in the end decided not to go because it would have taken too long and we would have returned to Sendai very late at night.

The one thing that save or Fukushima trip was this shop called Sekiya.

This shop has some very old and rare figures.

My partner managed to get some rare still in box figures for herself.

I could have bought quite a few things but didn't.

I've got too many figures and not enough room.

I wish they were for sale though.

Oh well, should have done more research about Fukushima before going but Japan is a country where often than not, you can find interesting things unexpectedly.

Like running into this handicraft fair back in Sendai.

So random but so lucky.

Unfortunately we did not have enough time to really look at all the stalls because it was close to closing time. I think it was around 7 or 8.

I think we made the right decision in not getting on that bus in Fukushima and heading back to Sendai.

Saw this sign for Sendai aoba gyoza and thought we needed to try because you can't eat gyutan everynight.



I really liked Irohayokocho, plenty of small shops in narrow lanes.

Great place for bar hopping.

No comments: