Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pure Episodes 1+2

I went into Pure thinking not another Hamabe Minami overacting dorama and what I get was basically a new version of Trick! Yes, that classic jdorama starring Abe Hiroshi and Nakama Yukie!


The premise is the same, a tall, lanky but not so smart guy who gets all the credit teams up with calculating girl who is unsuccessful at her job. In Trick, it was a magician but in Pure, Hamabe Minami is an idoru.

Not only is the concept similar to Trick, the mysteries are similar especially episode 2 and not to mention the music as well.

I was grinning ear to ear watching the two main characters snarl at each other while trying to solve cases. Its got the same Trick humour and I love the banter so much, the cases don't really matter.

NHK, I want a whole 10 episode series of pure! Very watchable.

No comments: