Monday, September 23, 2019

Jmovie review: Sensei Kunshu / My Teacher My Love

Sensei Kunshu is a romantic comedy where Hamabe Minami from Ano Hana and Kakegurui jdorama shows puts on a really bad wig and makes horrible faces.

I have no idea which came first but I think she does a lot of face pulling in Kakegurui also.

On a side note, I remember watching at least one episode of Kakegurui and I did not even feel any sort of writing was warranted for it.


In Sensei Kunshu, Hamabe Minami plays a high school student who acts more like a 9 year old girl who is in love with falling in love.


Just as she was about to break Sakuragi Hanamichi's record for consecutive rejections,  Hamabe Minami runs into her future teacher who pays her dinner for her.

The rest of the show is Hamabe overacting like a little kid trying to get her teacher's attention. I did not find it funny at all.

Then in the middle of the show, we find out that the teacher's childhood friend is Shinkawa Yua.

Yes, Shinkawa Yua who was in the very good Akutou. 

After getting sick of Hamabe Minami's antics, I could not see how any sane man would not prefer Shinkawa Yua.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure all of you can imagine how this movie ends.

The teacher ends up coming to terms with his fetish for loli who always pull exaggerated faces over a yamato nadeshiko.

As someone who is not the target audience of Sensei Kunshu, I could not find anything redeeming in this movie shoujo movie but I think it might have a so bad it fun appeal for some. Meh.

No comments: