Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Dakara Watashi wa Oshimashita Episode 4

OMFG. What a freaking good episode.

Its been a while since I've watched something so good I just had to write about it straightaway.

I can't believe Ando Sakura is playing a bit part in this show, or is she?

In the beginning of the episode I liked that it went back into how the idorus were basically slaves or money making machines for the agencies and there are too many girls dreaming of becoming idorus that the supply is endless.

The story also goes into how idorus are basically another form of kyabakura where the popularity of an idoru group correlates with the amount of money the fans spend on them.

People can criticise crazy idoru fans for being possessive but the system encourages them to act this way and it reminds me of mobile games where the purpose to just to hook a few whales and get them to spend an obscene amount of money for things of no real value.

However, I must admire the purity of Ai-san's desire to see Hana cooking with a bikini and apron.

I effing love this scene where Ai is listening to Hana talk about the concert that made her want to be an idoru.

This episode is so good. I'm a cynic and I love but how Dakara Watashi wa Oshimashita presents the dark side of the idoru industry but I also love the purity of Ai and Hana's desires and the beauty of the ending scene.

Dakara Watashi wa Oshimashita is so freaking good, I want to slowly watch it one episode at a time because I just want to take it all in. Must watch. If you are no watching this, what are you watching jdoramas for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, that's ando sakura. also cup ramens from her asadora make cameo too

shibamata said...

Thanks for the hint at Sakura Ando's cameo. I actually "rewinded" for these scenes. I love her versality. Just compare her at performance in Manbiki Kazoku with the opening scenes of the Manpuku asadora. Which side of the medal would you choose? Yes, you're right!

As a lucky twist of fate I initially missed to watch episode 6, but when I watched it finally it became the climax of the series. Surely the key episode. I am sure that this was even better than having it watched in sequence. Great stuff indeed.