Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Mirror Twins Seasons 1+2

Mirror Twins is Fuji TV/WOWOW joint production with 8 episodes for season one shown on Fuji TV and 4 episodes shown on WOWOW.


Mirror Twins is a cross between The Fugitive and Byakuyako about two twin brothers, one of whom was kidnapped as a child. The other brother ends up being a police officer while the other is on a plan of revenge.

The Johnny actor who plays both brothers does a decent job at the role. It helps that you can easily tell the brothers apart because the cop is rigid and well dressed and the other is scruffy, has lots of make up under the eyes and loves hoodies.

What truly helps Mirror Twins is that Johnny guy is surrounded by a lot of my favourites including Kurashina Kana, Ishiguro Ken, Takahashi Katsunori and Takeda Rina. How long has it been since I saw Takeda Rina in High Kick Girl? I'm glad that she's still around.

As an action/mystery jdorama, Mirror Twins is pretty exciting. Sometimes people are a bit too incompetent and certain things happen because they have to but the twists and turns really kept me on my toes until the end of season 1 and the pacing is good. I watch the two series in 3 days because I could not wait to see what happened next.

Season 2 is very meh. They turned an accident in season 1 into a murder but it just didn't make sense to me and I was thanking the jdorama gods that it was only 4 episodes. Nevertheless, I was invested enough in the fate of the characters to see the show to its end.

A shame Mirror Twins isn't being subbed as far as I know but I am so happy that Henrietta_R_Hippo uploaded the torrents on nyaa with Japanese subs.

Edit: Mirror Twins is being subbed by fanofta here.

On the whole, I saw Mirror Twins is a surprisingly watchable detective series with a meh second season. Flawed but pretty well done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you can find links for subs on twitter. Rest of the subs in kis-my-ft2 comm linked in post
https://fanofta.livejournal.com/20172.html

Akiramike said...

@fanofta : Good luck subbing Mirror Twins!