Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Double Fantasy

Double Fantasy is a story about a dorama writer Natsu played by Mizukawa Asami aka Nurse Miki from Iryu who learns to break free from the control of her weird house husband and her mother by exploring her sexual desires with various men.

First off, while Double Fantasy is technical a married woman fling dorama, its very different from your average affair trash like Hirugao because its less housewife wish fulfillment and more woman as a sexual creature story. In order words, its about exploring lust and sexual needs from a female perspective.

While I did watch all 5 episodes and did not fast forward once, I don't really get the story. I sort of get it. All the male characters want Natsu to play certain role in the relationship while she was searching for what she wanted to be. As she says in the end, the male fantasy and the female fantasy are completely different.

I just don't feel this character. I don't know if its because I'm a guy or this screenplay adaption of an award winning novel is off. All I know is that the viewer is suppose to feel a certain feeling at the final scene with the fireworks but the only thing in my mind was 'this would make a good screencap'.

Meh from me. I'm interested to hear from people who really liked Double Fantasy. It felt like beautifully shot artsy fartsy exploration of female sexuality while interesting did not have a strong narrative.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Was it sexy at least?

Akiramike said...

@Shane: Not sexy in the traditional gravure sense but more erotic.