Thursday, May 31, 2012
Kazoku no uta eps 1-2
Kazoku no Uta is a mess of a dorama. Odagiri Joe plays a washed uprock musician Hayakawa Seigi who is pampered by his manager and has no redeemable qualities. Despite not making any money for his agency for many years, he has been able to live in a big house. Like a lot of stars, he had his groupies in his prime and one day fruits of heyday appear to haunt him.
WHAT I LIKED
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
- Odagiri Joe as overacting rocker is not a good idea. They needed someone who could make Seigi interesting and Odagiri is not the larger than life guy to do it.
- Not one, not two but three kids. WTF. Add in an old man. Why am I suppose to care about these many characters? If this were about an aging alcoholic rocker and just one kid with a more serious tone, I would buy into that. However, it would not be called kazoku no uta since it wants to be a huge pseudo-family with 3 kids, old dude and a bunch of supporting characters.
- I like light hearted big family shows with lots of fighting and redemption like Hitotsu Yane no Shita and Oyaji but Kazoku no Uta tries to hard to set it up that it feels forced.
- What a waste of good supporting actors in Santamaria Yusuke, Shihori Kanjiya and Otsuka Nene.
- This is suppose to be a light hearted, big family dorama about redemption but I just feel like its all over the place. Avoid.