Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Tokyo Hinkon Joshi Episode 1 subs are out

I have subbed the first episode of Tokyo Hinkon Joshi which you can find at d-addicts. Luckily jptv.club had the Jp subs which were easy to retime. Each episode is about 25 minutes which takes about half a day to do and I don't have the time to do 45 minute episodes like Mosaic Japan.

Tokyo Hinkon Joshi is an interesting discourse about poverty which makes translating the lines quite enjoyable and gives me plenty to think about. Plenty of depth in the dialogue, I like a dorama that looks at real life issues in depth and I foresee an spoiler review in the end. 

No guarantees with release schedule because I'd rather be watching more shows but I think jdorama with brains deserve to be subbed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is much appreciated & always good to see more shows with a little grit getting subbed.

Found a new appreciation for subbers once I started to re-time shows for my Japanese hard copies. OMG, even just re-timing an Asadora, all the while I keep thinking in the back of my mind - 40hours....this is crazy. Those souls who take on an Asadora deserve much thanks.

It's even more crazy re-writing subs when you don't speak the language. There are still a couple of lines from Jossy's where I wish I knew what they were actually saying.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much I like the first EP. I want to ask you what do you mean translated by looking at facial expressions?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much I like The fist Ep. I want to ask what do you mean translated by looking at the facial expressions?

Akiramike said...

@Anon1: I have retimed Japanese subs and they are a pain. Subbing and asadora is basically not having any free time for a year.

@Anonymous2: It was meant as a joke.

Anonymous said...

For the love of god (and for the sake of J-drama viewers) if you're going to use Machine Translation, PLEASE use something decent like DeepL or ChatGPT and PROOFREAD the subs to correct any errors. Your subs smack of laziness and sheer ineptitude. You give REAL fansubbers a bad name, and you don't deserve to call yourself a subber.

Akiramike said...

@Anonymous: Feel free to criticise the quality of my subs but I did not machine translate the subs.