Sunday, April 16, 2023

Kurosagi 2022 Episodes 1+2

One upon a time, there was a Kurosagi jdorama was bad. Not only did it have YamaP, it also had Horikita Maki to the acting level was already 2x in the negative. Actually I can't remember anything in the original Kurosagi except YamaP's dusguises were bad but I just cannot watch this show. This is a pure Johnny show for Johnny fans because there are no redeeming features for everyone else.

Kurosagi is about a Kurosaki who is a kurosago (black swindler) because he cons other swindlers (shirosagi). The gets his information from the king of swindlers who operates a Japanese sweets shop and his ultimate aim to get revenge on this swindler Mikimoto who conned his father which lead to his family tragedy.

I like stories about scams in Japan. For a society build on trust and honour, they have some of the most elaborate scams going around. (see Scams on Netflix) If there is a scam jdorama that doesn't suck I generally don't mind watching. The fact that TBS is remaking this show so soon means the old show must have been very successful.

My problem with Kurosagi is believability. I don't buy the character and how easily the scams the bad guys. The Johnny looks way too young to believably be taken seriously in any business talks but then I think the manga character is pretty boyish as well so what do I know. I tried to enjoy it for Nakamura Yuri but her role is very limited. Kurosagi is not exciting not interesting. I'd rather watch Sagideka or Scams again. Nothing about the first two scams made me think 'Oh, that interesting!' Meh from me and only for Johnny fans. I think I am incapable of enjoying any TBS doramas.

No comments: