Thursday, April 20, 2023

Kanojo, okarishimasu jdorama review

Kanojo, okarishimasu is harem jdorama based on a shounen manga ala I"s and I have not read the manga before. 

The hook of the show is that main character gets dumped by girlfriend played by Akita Shiori after a month. 

Main character then gets a rental girlfriend played by Sakurada Hiyori who turns out to be his next door neighbour and goes to the same university. In other words, Kanojo, okarishimasu is an enjo kousai/papa katsu harem without the sex. 

And since this is a harem jdorama, main character gets involved with two other rental kanojos with the first played by Kudo Mio.

And the second by Sawaguchi Aika. I watched this show last year raw so its not that fresh in my memory but I'll just write down my thoughts on it. 

The main Johnny is annoying and wears more makeup than the ladies. This show would not have been possible without the power and influence of Johnny and associates so can't complain too much.

Second is that Sakurada Hiyori does an ok job as the main girl Mizuhara Chizuru. Not sure how accurate her portrayal is but she can act and I have a feeling the other two rental kanojos are manga accurate.

The show should have had a bit more fanservice and comedy. You can't tell me the shounen harem manga did not have fanservice? And the series was more like a setup for the harem instead of telling a story from beginning to end. That's why I"s is one of my favourites. It has actual relationship development and doesn't stall the story while making the harem larger and larger.

Is Kanjo, okarishimasu as good as I"s? Not even close. Is it entertaining to watch? Its your standard harem show but does not suck. Judging it purely as a harem setup drama, Kanojo, okarishimasu does its job but does not do anything very well and we don't get them so often nowadays compared to the old days of Shimokita Glory Days and 2nd House. For fans of the harem genre not expecting an ending. I was happy when I"s was made into a dorama. I wonder if fans of the anime enjoyed this dorama as well? You can get soft and hardsubs from donsubbers.

3 comments:

Faiz Ikari said...

I did planned to watch it mostly because the female cast, but man, you're right, that Johnny guy is quite an eyesore to watch.

BTW, 2nd House is drama that had Sayaka Isoyama with that Ultraman Tiga guy? I'd remember I watch that drama because of Sayaka Isoyama long time ago but I couldn't remember why I didn't finish it. It brings back memories.

Akiramike said...

@Faiz Ikari: Yes its the Isoyama Sayaka show and was one of my guilty pleasures. They don't seem to make those type of shows anymore.

Faiz Ikari said...

@Akiramike: Oh man, thanks a lot for mentioning about that drama, got to find and continue watching it someday. Some late night drama did fell in my guilty pleasures drama, like Homeroom, it's kind of trashy drama but I enjoyed it a lot.