Sunday, October 02, 2022

Cinekon e Ikou! Episodes 4~13

Cinekon e Ikou! is finished and I enjoyed this nostalgic love letter to cinemas.  The underdog inaka characters have endeared themselves to me during the 13 episodes.

Episode 4 us my favourite episode where the 3 ladies get a little too excited about a new male staff member. That episode had me laughing from beginning to end.

I was expecting that Cinekon e Ikou! would end up being a very watchable jdorama but I think I can only rate it was watchable. I am not saying it did anything wrong but just that the later half wasn't as funny. Still you can feel the love for cinemas in the script.

If you are after a breezy feel good workplace show, I would recommend it. I enjoyed watching all the hardships that go with working in a cinekon. Its great to see Kitano Kii back and Watanabe Dai has his father's acting chops. Thanks to geo9875 for subbing!

No comments: