Sunday, January 09, 2022

The Crimes that Bind Jmovie review


The Crimes that Bind is the last in the Shinzanmono series. Shinzanmono is police series set in Nihonbashi where  Detective Kaga (Abe Hiroshi) goes about solving crimes. Actually, its less a police series and more about mysteries with a  touching or feel good twist to them. As a police procedural Shinzanmono is nothing special and the last movie I saw was The Wings of the Kirin.

My main reason for watching The Crimes that Bind besides Abe Hiroshi is Matsushima Nanako. I have not seen her in anything for so long and recently she was in Super Rich.

The Crimes that Bind is the last story for Shinzanmono because it has a connection with Kaga's past and the reason that he has been in Nipponbashi for so long.

As for the murder mystery, the execution is decent. I loved all the beautiful shots from Shiga-ken especially Biwako and of course Nipponbashi. The twist which I saw coming was ripped straight off another Higashino Keigo movie with an added twist which I did not really buy.

The movie also did not try very hard to sell me the revelation about Kaga's mom. I feel very indifferent to that twist. I was suitably entertained, its just the twists didn't do it for me.

If you like the Shinzanmono series, its more of the same. I enjoyed Tanaka Rena's way too short appearance and Matsushima Nanako had to do a bit of acting. I knew what I was getting into so I was not disappointed. If you have not seen the series before, keep your expectations low and the two hours will fly by very quickly.

The raw can be found at dramahd or avistaz and softsubs are easy to find.

No comments: