Friday, January 21, 2022

Miyako ga Kyoto in Yattekita! jdorama review


Miyako ga Kyoto ni Yattekita! is a jdorama about Miyako, the daughter of GiraGira who is a doctor in Kyoto who comes to visit and stay with her father. To tell you the truth, this show is more of an advertisement for Kyoto which just happens to have a father daughter story featuring Kyoto.

I found the story rather meh and finished the show just for Kyoto. I found the daughter annoying especially her English youtube videos.

Kyoto is a place that I have been many times but I can't really say I know the place. How great would it be to visit Kyoto now because there are no foreign tourists!

As a jdorama, Miyako ga Kyoto ni Yattekita! gets a big meh from me. However, as an advertisement for Kyoto its not bad because it has plenty of beautiful scenery and old buildings to look at and the 6 episodes at 25 minutes each means its not really a big commitment to watch. Thanks to madman227 for the English subs and the avistaz raws have Japanese subs so they are good for Japanese reading practice.

2 comments:

AL said...

Have you seen Chokotto Kyoto ni Sundemita? It is a nice advertisement for various little shops in Kyoto. I would rate SP (2019) somewhat higher than subsequent series (2022).

Akiramike said...

AL: No I have not seen Chokotto Kyoto ni Sundemita? Note sure if I will ever go to Kyoto again because it is such a tourist city but there are so many places there that I have never been.