Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Soredemo Ai wo Chikaimasu ka? Episodes 1~5

To watch Soredemo Ai wo Chikaimasu ka? you need to accept a premise. The premise is that a man can be married to Matsumoto Marika for 5 years and not have sex with her.

I know that is scientifically impossible to have a sexless marriage with Matsumoto Marika but sometimes you need an impossible premise to set things up.

Soredemo Ai wo Chikaimasu ka? is yet another affair jdorama. It feels very similar to Ukiwa with a more realistic, natural visual style and a sexless marriage with both parties potentially having an affair each.

What kept me watching was that Matsumoto Marika and Ikeuchi Hiroyuki. I think both of them are really good supporting actors who deserve to be playing leading roles.

In the case of Ikeuchi, I have been watching him since GTO and I really liked his recent performances in Siren no Zange and 24 Japan.  

Through the five episodes, it has not been a very exciting. Matsumoto Marika is getting involved with a young colleague who lacks people skills and likes wearing a face mask while Ikeuchi Hiroyuki meets up with old flame played by Wakana Sakai.

I am hoping that Soredemo Ai wo Chikaimasu ka? will take an exciting turn next episode because I am not sure which way the story will go. For fans of the actors only. Thanks to geo9875 for subbing

No comments: