Saturday, November 13, 2021

Hachigatsu wa Yoru no Batting Centre

 

Hachigatsu wa Yoru no Batting Centre has Nagisa Sekizu working at her uncle's batting centre where Nakamura Toru turns up at the behest of her uncle because he has the ability to tell people's problems by watching their swing and using his baseball theory to solve their problem.

So every episode we have Nakamura Toru magically solving the problem of the female guest star's character and when I say magically I mean he transports everyone to a baseball game to face their problem.

The gimmick of this series is that every episode also has a Japanese Professional Baseball star but all that is lost on me.

Its a feel good easy to watch half hour series starring the actress you get when you can't afford Hirose Alice.

I really like the opening and ending songs though. Its been a while since I have not skipped the opening and credits sections in a jdorama. Now I need to find more CreepHyp songs.

I wish I had gone to a batting centre in Japan more than once.

If you want some light and easy chicken soup for your jdorama soul then Hachigatsu wa Yoru no Batting Centre might be for you. Thanks to edwardwong for subbing. Watchable.

No comments: