Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dance with me Jmovie review

I have been anticipating this movie since I read about it some time ago. After all, its not often you find a Japanese musical. The last one I remember seeing was Sono Sion's Tokyo Tribe which I hated.

Anyway, Miyoshi Ayaka is the main character in this movie who goes with her niece to see a hypnotist and is actually hynotised so that she must sing and dance whenever she hears any music.


Unfortunately for her, once she realises what had happened, the hypnotist has run away it basically turns into a road movie about finding oneself. 

There is one thing I don't like about Dance with Me and that is I don't think the movie makes full use of the concept. I expected it to go crazier and it felt like they could have made most of the movie with something else.

Its still a fun, feel good movie in the same vein as Swing Girls about being true to yourself and I had a fun time but keep your expectation low and don't expect too much from the concept. Watchable.

1 comment:

Robert said...

This had been on my radar for a while and your review prompted me to finally watch it. You're right about the musical concept aspect... I was expecting more from this (I'm a fan of old musical movies) and I also thought the road-trip segment was a bit run-of-the-mill and dragged things down. Overall, the movie was good and watchable but it lacked that certain magic to make it great. Nice use of the Sadistic Mika Band at the end!