Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Kemono ni narenai watashitachi Episodes 1+2

In Kemono ni narenai watashitachi, Aragaki Yui plays a sales assistant who is used and abused by her boss and useless colleagues. She's like this very capable office manager who knows how to do everyone's role better than them (except for the technical jobs) but does not know how to say no.

It bloody pissed me off when she tried telling that bald boss that its not her responsibility everytime he tells to do something outside his job description. I see this type of behaviour in my workplace where lazy people look for any reason not to do work and the hardworking people end up doing everything.

I was really happy when at the end of episode 1, Aragaki Yui changes her clothes and stands up to her boss. All right, I thought. All that suffering through episode 1 will be worth it.

Aragaki Yui is told to take some personal leave while boss goes on business trip. Things start going pear shaped at the office cause her colleagues are incompetent and stupid Aragaki Yui goes back to the office.

FFS, what better way to prove your worth and have leverage on your boss than letting everything go to hell without you? No, Aragaki Yui even goes as far as going to useless guy colleague's place to convince him to do his job.

I don't get this show. Sometimes the victims are equally as guilty because they don't take a stand and enable lazy people to continue being lazy. There's probably some story with Matsuda Ryuhei and Kikuchi Rinko but I'm just too pissed off at Aragaki Yui's character to care.

Not to mention Aragaki Yui's current boyfriend who somehow is unable to kick is ex-girlfriend out of his house. There is no sob story to make it acceptable. Kemono ni narenai watashitachi did not give me a single reason to care for any of the characters in the 1 1/4 episodes I watched. Might give the rest of episode 2 a chance later but for now, I don't even want to go near this show.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

watch Switched on Netflix to cleanse your palate

Shane said...

Sure it's annoying, but it's realistic for Japan (unfortunately).

Anyway, this show is worth watching for Gakky's face alone.

Faiz Ikari said...

Hi Akiramike, did you already watch Love Exposure Extended "THE TV-SHOW" version, with 40 minutes of new scenes, someone just upload it on nyaa with eng sub...

Can't wait if you want to re-review it...

Sonna~ said...

I understand Aragaki Yui's character a lot because I have a lot of difficulty saying no, and it's not so easy to change, but it sucks that she went back and started doing things again.

Hisoka said...

Waiting for your "best of 2018" list

Akiramike said...

@Hisoka: I have a lot of catching up to do before I can start on that list.