Monday, November 13, 2023

My Home Hero Episodes 1+2

Kuranosuke Sasaki plays a father who is an aspiring mystery writer who dotes over his daughter. One day he notices bruising on her face caused by her boyfriend. He visits her apartment when she is not there and hides in the closet when the boyfriend appears. Dad learns that yakuza boyfriend intends to harm his daughter and ends up killing him. 

The mum Kimura Tae appears and helps dad to get rid of the body. Unfortunately for the parents, the boyfriend is son of a yakuza boss who is desperate to find his missing son.

My Home Hero is a parent nightmare dorama with two of my favourite actors and it has plenty of violence and dicing of bodies. However, I just can't get into it after 2 episodes. The daughter seems like a freaking idiot dating the obvious yakuza boyfriend and the parents doing all that stuff for the stupid oblivious idiot.

2nd thing is that the Johnny bad buy is annoying instead of scary. Maybe its the directing. Despite the violence and the presence of the Kuranosuke Sasaki and Kimura Tae, this feels like a Johnny show with the idoru as the daughter.

There's nothing really wrong with the show and the subject matter should appeal to me but I keep thinking how much I wanted Sono Sion to direct this lol. There's something lacking in My Home Hero that keeps me from getting invested in the story. Meh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sion Sono has pretty serious sexual misconduct allegations, some actors even confirmed them. Also one of his alleged victims committed suicide. I doubt he well get any work in Japan after that.

Akiramike said...

@Anonymous: There are a few Sono Sion movies on my to watch list and it will be difficult to watch his movies in light of the allegations.