Sunday, July 16, 2023

Gouriteki ni Arienai Episodes 3~9

In episode 2 Shiraishi Sei joined the show and became a supporting character. Her inclusion did help improve the chemistry on the show but something was still lacking in this detective agency dorama.

I was thinking of quitting and then Mizuno Miki turns up in episodes 4 and 5 as an evil cosmetic surgery lady. I enjoyed her role in Tantei ga Hayasugiru and she looked like the has a lot of fun playing such an evil character. The only way to save boring main character is to have a great villain.

Matsushita Kouhei's character is supposed to be a super genius but it doesn't feel like the show made full use of it. They tried to make it funny with his awkwardness to women but it just didn't work. They did not showcase his genius enough and his flaw was not interesting enough.

In the end I finished Gouriteki ni Arienai because I was over halfway to the end. Besides the Mizuno Miki episodes, I never got the humour. It never really made me laugh. The stories were standard and I wished Shiraishi Sei would have been used more instead of relegated to bimbo secretary.

No reason to check Gouriteki ni Arienai out unless you are a fan of the actors. There's nothing really bad but it is just bland. Meh from me. 

No comments: