Sunday, September 11, 2022

Mystery to Iu Nakare jdorama review

I had no interest in watching this when I saw the poster with yet another character with super curly hair. I can't remember but there was a dorama or movie about a similar character that I did not like. I decided to give it a chance on a whim and episode 1 started out with university student Totono Kuno being suspected by police of committing a murder.

Totono is brought to the police station and must use his wits to solve the mystery while he is being interrogated at the police station. I thought that was a great idea for a first act because it was fun watching Totono turn his interrogation around to get information for himself.

Mystery to Iu Nakare is a Sherlock Holmes style mystery with the main character being a uni student who has never worked but has great powers of observation and his Watsons are the two police officers who interrogate him in episode 1. The humour is derived from the fact that Totono is otherwise a normal student who like curry but reluctantly keeps getting involved in murder mysteries.

The mysteries are quite interesting and the gimmick of the series is that Totono keeps having to match wits with colourful characters who are equally as smart. The only negative point of the series was the story sort of got slow for me towards the middle.

I enjoyed the humour of the show and the ending sets the story up for a sequel. If you like your mystery doramas, then Mystery to Iu Nakare is worth a peek especially since its not a Higashino Keigo show. Thanks to Blitz fansub for subbing! Watchable.

8 comments:

Robert said...

Was Nagi no Oitoma the curly hair drama you were thinking of?

randonneuse said...

I really like it when you give a positive review to a recent show that I have sitting on my hard disk ready to watch. Thanks for both kinds of reviews, good and "don't watch this crap". I only wish you had an index to make it easier to find reviews of older shows for when I finally get around to watching them.

Akiramike said...

@Robert: No I wasn't thinking of Nagi. There was a curly hair guy movie or dorama years ago but I can't remember.

@randonneuse: I thought about having 'watchable' and 'meh' tags but I don't think there's much point. Are you talking about index by year the dorama was released?

randonneuse said...

That would help, but selfishly I'd like a search box like Asian Wiki has -- less work for me, though more for you. Just the reviews are enough really, I can still keep combing though the older posts until I find what I'm looking for. I should just watch lots like you do, then I wouldn't need to catch up on older ones.

Robert said...

@randonneuse: Google "site:hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com dramaname" to search the site.

randonneuse said...

Thank you, Robert, I will definitely try that.

Akiramike said...

@randonneuse: If you are reading the site on your pc, you should be able to see a search bar on the top left. I use it all the time when I don't remember if I have seen a jdorama.

Anonymous said...

When you've watched enough Jdrama the public domain music starts to get familiar