Thursday, May 06, 2021

Renai Mangaka Episodes 1-4


Once upon a time, when jdorama subbing was young and we were watching hardubs from Singapore and Hawaii, there was an Abe Hiroshi and Takeuchi Yuko jdorama called Egao no Hosoku about a grumpy writer and a jobless OL in an onsen and I think it was good. I can't believe I didn't write a review about it but maybe I will one day.

Renai Mangaka is the unofficial sequel to Egao no Hosoku. Grumpy manga Suzuki Ryohei meets out of job young lady Yoshioka Riho. Instead of an onsen and human stories we get a nephew manga writer sending young lady to partake in fake relationships with other people so he can get inspirations for his manga.

This is the part that I don't really enjoy about Renai Mangaka. Getting Yoshika Riho to try to pick up a new guy every episode. I get that the Mangaka wants inspirations for different types of relationships for his heroine but my care factor is 0 because I don't find it fun. Would have been better if they pretended to have a relationship or something.


The only thing holding Renai Mangaka together is the nephew story because its the only learning to be human part of the story.


There's nothing good about Renai Manga but there's nothing really bad either. It just exists and I keep watching because I like the two main actors. For everyone else nothing to see here and I think you should see Egao no Hosoku if you haven't.

4 comments:

suppaf said...

I see, thanks for saving me the time.. Will look for Egao no Hosoku instead!!

Robert said...

The first episode of this wasn't bad but yeah not good either. I stopped there as I have a low tolerance for stories with a silly premise like this one.

Anonymous said...

Any good sites for J raws? Most of the sites and forums that I used to visit have been purged.

Anonymous said...


@ Anonymous
dramahd.me
justpaste.it/nsbc2