Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Koisuru Hahatachi Episode 8: Corona has arrived in jdoramaland

I have been waiting for the current corona public health crisis to feature in jdoramas for a while. It has probably happened already, just not among the jdoramas I watch.

I was of two minds about jdoramas incorporating corona. On one hand I want to escape from this depressing reality that we find ourselves in but on the other hand the world has changed so jdoramas should reflect the real world. Plus, things aren't going back to the way they were anytime soon.

I don't know why I was so happy to see remote working and mask wearing in Episode 8 of Koisuru Hahatachi. I think there is feeling of empathy when you know exactly what the characters are going through.

As for Koisuru Hahatachi, I thought I would know the story would go since I've probably seen 50 cheating housewives doramas by now but Koisuru Hahatachi has managed to surprise me with its twists and turns.

I would say its quite entertaining as long as you don't expect much and yes, someone really needs to intervene  in Kimura Yoshino's life and get her to eat some food. I have no idea how she is even breathing with how skinny she is. Watchable show and thanks hanadaya for subbing the series!

No comments: