Sunday, September 06, 2020

Mrs Cinderella Episodes 1+2

 

Half the fun of watching old jdoramas is marveling at how some actors have not changed in 23 years due to the magic of plastic surgery. The other half of the fun is watching my favourite actors in their younger days and what drew me to Mrs Cinderella is that its starts Yakushimaru Hiroko and Uchino Masaaki.

Mrs Cinderall is your standard housewife dorama. Yakushimaru Hiroko is married to a mothercon and the mother in law is living in the same house. Talk about a sure death. Bossy mother in law (is there any other kind in jdoramas), no kids and husband who can't make decisions without his mom means that the author is trying to get the audience's approval for Yakushimaru Hiroko to have an affair with Uchino Masaaki.

The writer also sets up the husband to have an fling as well and the question is who will cheat first in episode 3? I have not seen Kurotani Tomoka (on the left) in a long time. She was in plenty of shows playing supporting characters back in the day.


Mrs Cinderella seems pretty standard as far as affair jdoramas go. Its certainly no Aoi Tori, which was one of the earliest jdoramas I had seen and became the gold standard of fling jdoramas. I wonder how I would view Aoi Tori after so many years and interestingly, Aoi Tori and Mrs Cinderella both came out in 1997.

Since Mrs Cinderella is a pretty standard jdorama, I would recommend it only to people who like old jdoramas. I am still seeding the raws on nyaa so get it asap before I have to stop seeding for space reasons and thanks to Avallac'h for the subs.


No comments: