Monday, March 09, 2020

Naruto Hichou Episodes 1-3

After watching Hakuoki, I decided I needed more jidaigeki in my life and settled on Naruto Hichou, another Yamamoto Koji show. Similar to Hakuoki, Naruto Hichou is about lots of people either trying to get a couple together or keep them apart.


In Naruto Hichou, the couple is Yamamoto Koji's Gennojou and his childhood friend Chie who I do not care about because there is another woman is much more developed characterwise in Mikaeri Otsuna, the professional thief trying to be good.

Mikaeri Otsuna is the best character in the show but unfortunately, she's not going to get what she wants, which is Gennoujo and she's going to get harassed by Magobei until one of them dies.

Gennojou is not a well written character IMO. He's whole MO is that he had to kill his master and his master said that swordsmanship is for killing people (duh) and that Gennojou will walk the path of inhumanity. In terms of his personality, he's kind of a blank slate and he just feels way too generic.

There's a fair bit of action in Naruto Hichou with plenty of useless ninjas and the end of episode 3 introduces us to a new member of Gennojou's harem.


I don't hate Naruto Hichou but I don't really find anything I particularly love except for Otsuna. Its a pretty standard adventure jidaigeki. I'm going to see this to the end because there's not that many jidaiegeki's out there.


The series has been subbed by evasive at d-addicts and the raws can be gotten from nyaa.

No comments: