Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Japan Trip 2024 day 9: Last day in Osaka

Tanihara Shosuke no TV talking about Sanada Hiroyuki  winning best actor for Shogun. I wasn't going to watch Shogun because I was afraid it would be another western perspective of Japan show but they showed Sanada Hiroyuki was a producer and he went for authenticity. How many times in western shows have I seen people who can't speak Japanese cast as Japanese or when the Japanese sounds like English translated into Japanese? 

Hatsune Miku V3 1/4 scale reissue! The Hatsune Miku Supercell world is mine is the only Miku Figure I need. Happy that first leg of the trip was finished and no problems with the 3 concerts. Today was just to take it slow in Osaka.

I did not know Popup Parade made a Demon's Souls SP figure. I dislike popup parade regular figures because they are small, cheap quality and are not worth it but the L Berserk figures are awesome. I also love Demon's Souls especially new game+. The new difficulty makes it a completely different game. Feels like the first playthrough was just training for the real difficulty. However, the box was pretty big and I quickly found it on an Australian site and preordered it for a little bit more money. 

Drumless sticks for Switch Taiko no Tatsujin? I don't think it would be as fun? Hhm, I don't think I have seen the drum for PS5 anywhere?

My first aim for the day was situated in the Snack Park at B1 of the Hanshin Dept in Umeda. I was looking at the katakana thinking why is this place called Snack Pack and then realised it was Park. lol

I wanted breakfast at Tamagomaru.

Omurice with demiglace sauce and honestly it was meh.

What I liked was everyone ate standing and then you wipe the tables and of course return your trays.

Should have gone to Tempura no Yama.

All of Tezuka Osamu's books in Junkudo in Umeda. If I were rich, I would love a collection like this.

Did not realise this come out in DS and was the manga in catridge form. Regret not buying because it was cheap I said no because the screen is small.

Silent Hill 2 & 3 on PS3. Controversial HD editions but better to spend on the Silent Hill 2 remake now?

Bang Dream! popup shop.

Love the manga section in Junkudo. I need to try the Kaiju no.8 anime.

Went to Mandarake in Umeda.

Mega Drive showcase. Mandarake prices are always more expensive than normal because they are very serious about rating the condition of the games.

First time I have seen Earthworm Jim 2 for Saturn!

Ganbare doukichan figure! Nooo, stop tempting me! I do not need this and managed to resist, just.

Went to this Ojamakan in Gamo. I really like the Kobe store but I have never been able to find something from it. This Gamo store seems pretty new and unfortunately not that much stock.

Looks like some sort futuristic facial recognition no need for IC card gate. Should have given it a try.

Went to this bookoff...

And found Metal Slug complete on the PSP! Woohoo! Just noticed they also had Missing Parts Complete on PSP which I did not buy...

Dongurikyowakoku with the giant Totoro statue at the end everyone was taking pictures with.

Godzilla store Osaka.

Love the 1.0 movie.

I should have bought that arylic stand.... sigh.

Capcom store absolutely shit for Street Fighter merch.

At least found this Street Fighter sticket and a towel for the Naruhodo offices from Gyakuten Saiban aka Ace Attorney.


Then I saw this tappuri demisauce lunch!

It wasn't anything special. 

Walked to Dotonbori.

Amazing Monster Hunter statue at an Edion.

These two chaps look very familiar....

First thing that comes to my mind is PocketSa Fighter from Ryu ga Gotoku! One of the best and most memorable side stories.

The first time I have seen Sly Cooper on PS3.

Waiting for train at Osaka station. There was a huge delay so all trains were late. 

Tried the tsukimi burger and it was pretty decent.

Only 1 3DS streetpass. :(

Last night in Uzu. Kondo-san was there. We had talked quite a bit last year and there was this other dude who he gave a Street Fighter shirt to. It was good to see the other regulars that I had met last year. We started talking a lot of gaming after that. This is the most time I have spent in Kansai in forever and I wanted another week.  

No comments: