Sunday, October 13, 2024

Japan trip 2024 Day 13: Kurume

Looks like a music event happening at Hakata Station.

One name I recognised was Yaida Hitomi. I can't think of a song but I am sure I have heard her before as I remember the name from when I started listening to Japanese music.
 

Golden Kamuy manga with images from the WOWOW movie. 

Kurume station. Main event for the kyushu part of the trip is catching up with my friend in Kurume, south of Fukuoka.

Poster by kids for competition encouraging people to vote. 

Last time we caught up in Fukuoka for some teppan gyoza.

This time we had yakiniku planned for dinner. So what to do for lunch?

We went to this eating place and I said what about motsu nabe because I never had it. Motsu nabe is something Kyushu people eat in winter not when it was hot but I think we made the right choice because its pretty light, just greens and some offals in a pot.

And you toss in some noodles in the end and the yuzu paste you see pictured was really good.

We went to this manga soukou recycle shop. It was basically a super mega Hard Off with lots of crane machines.

They had lots of anime figures,

This Akira bike must be super rare.

And better selection of retrogames compared to Surugaya at Marui Hakata station which is a very sad thing to say.

Amazing price for Breath of Fire on GBA which I already have. Sega Rally GBA is not a common game but too expensive for me and I did not know Kojima made a Shin Bokura no Taiyou for GBA.

Of course, plenty of manga. 

Went to Koura Taisha temple.

Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so couldn't see the mountains in the distance well.

It was still hot but not that hot because of the clouds. 

Killed some time at Kaikatsu Club before going to Sumitora for yakiniku. 

One of the best yakiniku I have ever had.

Everything was good, not just karubi. Even the harami was fantastic. One thing I learned is don't order jou horumon because it is not as juicy. Great night.

No comments: