Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Japan trip 2024 Day 10: Fukuoka

Went to Shin-Osaka station to take the Shinkanesen to Hakata station. Pictured is the creepy mascot for the world expo 2025 in Osaka. Whenever I hear world expo, I think of 20th Century Boys.

Checking out the bookstore to kill time and still I have not read Takehiko Inoue's Real. I remember when the first chapter of Real came out and that was like 2 lifetimes ago.

Long queue for the smoking room. I have never seen this before at a train station. I think they have reduced the smoking rooms. They have also removed the smoking places in the shinkansen.

Suddenly my eyes were drawn to my 3 favourite kanji words: 松阪牛 matsusaka beef! I think the last time I had matsusaka was yakiniku in Shiga with a friend.

Skypce remind me that I am unable to watched the Oi Handsome! movie.

Very nice box cover. Note the opening to see the beef. It is little details like this that make my day.

Very nice beef sandwich! I did not see a cart lady on the shinkansen and I think you have to order online. Kondo-san was telling me about how he got on the last shinkansen one time and it was full of drunk salarymen making lots of noise and their socks off.

Put my bags down and raced back to Hakata station to Nagahama no.1. Nagahama was my favourite one when I was in Fukuoka last. Was so hungry and picked the most expensive option without reading which was my mistake because it was the 3 types ramen with chasyu, egg and leaf mustard which was yuck. The most expensive option is usually the best but not this time.

Went to Surugaya at Marui next to Hakata station and the Surugaya was almost barebones. WTF is LoeverR Kiss on the switch selling for so much money? Crazy.

It is as if all the foreign tourists have raided this Surugaya and they have not been able to restock. Why is FFXVI selling for so much? I am guessing of the DLC? I remember the owner of Freegate telling me how tourists are coming to Japan and buying Pokemon games for souvenirs and jacking the prices up.

Popup store for whatever this anime is.

Went to the Book Off opposite the station which was even more barebones but they had a decently priced copy of Bokura no Taiyou on the GBA. This is a Kojima Hideo game which relied on sunlight to play. It is a rare game but I had no interest in playing so I passed. If I am not going to play it, no point buying just to buy.

Guren Lagann and Kill La Kill exhibition at Fukuoka Parco. I have not see Guren Lagann and I don't get Kill La Kill so pass for me.

Went to Mandarake and they hardly had any games. WTF is going on in Fukuoka? Retrogames are disappearing!

Another ganbarre doukichan figure to tempt me! Nooo. I wanted to buy manga and figures would just get in the way.

Went to Culture Arts and got Vandal Hearts for Saturn. Retrogames in Fukuoka is depressing. 

Showcase from a Book Off. Should have gotten the Initial D as this was the cheapest you can get.


Went to Hacchan ramen. They're business hours are 6pm to 2am. Hacchan used to be at the Shin Yokohama ramen museum. I think this was about 5pm.

I went to a nearly shopping centre to kill time and it was interesting because it seemed run-down and with few shops catering to housewives but there were still people. It was like a small shopping centre from 30 years ago or something. Should have taken pictures.

Hacchan is the first ramen place I went without a ticket machine. Just look at the faded menu on the wall and order. Very nice. Would come back again.

Got 1 3DS streetpass!

Finish the night off with some chicken skin from the konbini! Took it easy because next day is somewhere I have never been before, Nagasaki!

No comments: