Friday, October 11, 2024

Japan trip 2024 day 11 Pt 2: Nagasaki and Glover Garden

Nagasaki skyline, something I will be seeing a lot of as there are a lot of stairs and hills in Nagasaki.
 

Old church but nothing to see here.

Lol, there is a Kiyomizudera temple in Nagasaki. It is the name of the famous Kyoto temples.

My next place was Sofukuji temple.

No one was here and it had the feeling of an old kungfu movie set. 

I wonder if Ryomaden shoot here? Just imagining the clash of cultures in Nagasaki back in the day when the rest of Japan wanted to expel the foreigners.

Going down shopping street. I might be crazy but I remember there was a portion that was very cooling, as if they had some sort of outdoor aircon going. 
Ran into someone I knew. Not as tall as I thought he would be in real life.

Finally, something otaku related!

Bought a Nesica card and played some SF6 for the first time this. You get to play online against people in other arcades. Bad news is the timing at the arcades is completely off. All the muscle memory timing is completely different and the arcade stick feels completely different from my Hori sticks. I need a long time to get used to the arcade timing and controls.

Very empty bakumatsu street.

Map of Edo town.


Walking around chinatown and ran into the most random Donguri kyowakoku shop!


The stairs going up are amazing! This is the best decorated Donguri Kyowakoku store I have ever been to.

Really felt like I was in a Ghibli world.


I ended up buying the Mononoke hime one, second from left on top row. Haven't opened it, not even sure where box is right now. lol

Nearly got killed by raptor in Nagasaki. Somehow this is giving me deja vu. Where did I see something similar?

Going up hill to Glover Garden.

Nagasaki castella purin!

Picture book museum. House looked pretty but cbf paying entrance fee.

1000 yen to enter church? No way.

At the top was Glover Garden, something told me the entrance fee was worth paying for.


Escalator going up. 

Nice.


There are a bunch of old western houses up here.




Glover house. 

Was he the guy who did business with Ryoma in Ryomaden? I need to rewatch all the Nagasaki episodes!


Taking a breather and some aircon looking at floats that people carried during festivals.

Back to Nagasaki station.

By the jdorama gods, how did Nagasaki know I was coming? 

I saw my favourite 4 kanji words, 黒毛和牛 (kuroge wagyu) which refer to black cattle raised in Miyazaki. 

Ordered a double cheeseburger. The patties were so effing good. I come from a country where so many burgers claim to be wagyu but are shit. When you see kuroge in Japan, you don't have to worry it is fake. I need more kuroge wagyu.

Village Vanguard! One thing Nagasaki lacks is otaku stores.

I am walking back to my hotel and I hear banging and some sort of weird trumpet sound.

This was a park in the middle of apartments and the performance went all night. All the performers were kids.

This was the Japanese version of the dragon dance for autumn festival.




Same thing as the chinese one, dragon chasing the ball but the trumpets made it sound different.

Can't believe I got a streetpass in Nagasaki!

Unfortunately the big twist for Sky Castle got spoiled for me. However, the show looked like fun and I finished it straight away after I came back.

No comments: