Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Japan trip 2024 day 16: from Fukuoka to Tokyo

Shinkansen back to Tokyo from Hakata. Total easy, breezy 5 hours +. This begins the final week of the trip. It is starting to feel depressing because I know I only have 1 week left. 
 

Going past Kyoto. I disliked Kyoto in the past because of too many tourists but I have come to appreciate Kyoto and would have liked to spent more time. (theme of my trip)

First Yoshinoya gyudon of the trip. Can never go wrong.

Go to Akihabara and first thing I see are the Ichibankuji figures. I have not been able to run into any Berserk kuji.  The Zodd figure is going for crazy money. I am planning to buy huge manga set so there is no space. I guess there is the option of posting but I just got the Popup Parade L figures of Guts and Zodd the past year and they are pretty good. 

The Ichibankuji ones are bigger and better and would replace my Popup Parade ones. I decided not to buy. What makes the Guts one expensive is also that the sword is a separate kuji item.

If you have to buy micro sd cards or flash drives, go to Akibaoo. They sell stuff you can't get from Yodobashi like 1.5tb micro sd cards. There is another shop in Akibahara but I don't know the name. I didn't even know 4TB flash drives existed!

I see Breath of Fire 2 GBA at super potato but price is  16280 yen. There is small damage to the box and manual but last year I saw it for about 12000 yen.

Went to Beep! and could not believe my eyes when I saw Ex-Ranza for 9800 yen! Then I looked at the condition report which is the white paper at the bottom and it said no manual.

I go to Surugaya and I couldn't believe my eyes at BoF2 GBA for only 10900 yen! I have found my 3rd and final must buy game at a better than expected price. Quickly called the shop assistant to get the game before someone else gets it and said please keep it at the counter while I finish looking around.

Ok haul from Surugaya. Very happy I found a cheap BoF2. Now what do I do?


People selling the Guts Ichibankuji for 35000 yen which is bonkers money. Clearly targeting foreigners who know nothing.

Someone selling the Popup Parade L figure for double the price.
 
This is even more of a rip off, Guts and sword Ichibankuji for 58,000. Don't like these Akihabara prices. I also don't like those random tourists going through super potato like it is a tourist spot.  
Crazy price of this Hatsune Miku figure. No more Miku figures for me but if I had the money, I would get this one, just not from this seller.
I didn't know there was Batou and Kusanagi figure! The price looked suss compared to the quality of the figures and you can easily get them for much cheaper price online. This is Akihabara price for stupid foreigners.
Popup Parade Demon's Souls figure triple the price and you can easily get from Yodobashi. Sigh. I don't blame the sellers maximising their money.

Went to Ittou in Shin Koiwa. Have not been here in ages and did not go last time. Somehow there was no queue. Used to have to wait 30 mins every single time guaranteed.

So effin good as usual.

They have the menu outside. I always recommend the one on the top right: Rich Soy sauce with fish flavoured soup tsukemen with 3 kinds of char siu.

Shin Koiwa station renovation is finally complete.


You can see a Kaikatsu club on the right. They are basically manga cafe's with extra stuff and are everywhere. The one I went to in Kurume had a bowling and table tennis.

Went to Furuhonichiba to kill some time before going to Gran Bleu.

I found the manga I want. The whole set of Dragonball kanzenban ie the manga is slightly larger than normal. I made the mistake of not buying the kanzenban for Slam Dunk. From now on, I am only buying kanzenban manga.

You can compare that with the pocket sized version of Hokuto no Ken.

Went to Gran Bleu. Messaged Micchan, this Okinawan who I made friends with last trip. Mama told me that Micchan had opened an Okinawa izakaya in Shin Koiwa! Micchan replied and said he would come after he closed his izakaya. 

Surprised at the news because when I met him he was working as an electrician. He turned up and later that night Mama and I arranged to douhan the next day ie go dinner at Micchan's izakaya before coming back to Gran Bleu.

No comments: