Saturday, October 12, 2024

Japan trip 2024 day 12: Day trip to Kokura

View outside hotel in Nagasaki

Woke up to news of sudden thunderstorm in Hachioji in Tokyo with hail damaging cars. Glad I am not in Tokyo yet.

Rest of the country still crazy hot. 38 degrees in Kofu and 37 in Shizuoka.

Took train back to Fukuoka from Nagasaki to be greeted by Yoshitaka Yuriko.

Went to Hakata station and I saw my two favourite kanji together 黒豚 black pork from Kagoshima! The name of the shop was Kurokatsutei. I actually scouted this place already.

So good, so juicy. Wish I had gone back for dinner.

Took the shinkansen to Kokura and of course Aruaru City. Aruaru city is otaku heaven in Kyushu.

Fukuoka has been such a disappointment for retrogame shopping and I wanted to take it easy to avoid headstroke.

I really like this one, such a pivotal scene and diorama figures are so much better because there is a story to tell instead of just posing.

Surugaya showcase. Another Radiant Silvergun tempting me. Kokura Surugaya is amazing.

I managed to find Viewtiful Joe on DS, my first must buy game for this trip. I will play Gyakuten Kenji on on 3DS.  No interest in playing the HD versions.

Finally got the first Sega 3D archives on 3DS, which is my second must buy game. Could have gotten it for 5000 yen last year but I don't really need it because I have the games I want digitally but the price for the series keeps shooting up. I am just glad the price for the first one hasn't shot up like the other 2.

At least Zero on the Wii is not as expensive as the other versions.


I love the Dororo anime and need to write a review about it after the trip recap.


Kokura station in the background.

Played some Guitarfreaks. Haven;t played since they changed to 5 buttons and they've still got the old songs like Spitz's Haru no Uta. Wish Konami would port to PS5 with arcade quality guitar.

Stein's Gate 15th anniversary goods! I would have gotten the hoodie if it had something at the back but they cheaped out. Too bad the t-shirts have finished.

Stein Gate shirts.

Frieren seems to have good reviews but I need some more traditional sword and magical fantasy. Maybe it is time to rewatch all the Lodoss anime.


What is this? Competition for best Karaage 2024? Unfortunately won't be able to go. 

Windbreaker seems like the next shounen manga hit.


I contemplated exploring Kokura and thought I need to rest from the heat. I have been to the castle, one day I'll explore everything else and take a ride on the train.
 

Shinkansen back to Fukuoka and the smoking rooms have been sealed shut. Question is what are those box things they have in there?

Aiwa tablet. I was thinking I don't mind supporting a Japanese brand manufacturing in Japan but the reviews are not kind.

Went to the original shop for Issou, east side of Hakata station. I always go to the Nakasu branch of Issou so this is my first time at another shop.

Something was wrong. It did not taste as good as Issou Nakasu. The noodles, the soup, something was lacking. This could not be. Not only is this the same shop as Issou Nakasu, this is the original shop! Have I been eating too much hakata ramen that my body has gotten sick of it?

Satsuma-imo butter? More Ryomaden references lol.

Very tempting.

4 streetpass hits from Kokura. Only 21 more to reach 4K!

No comments: